Sunday, April 05, 2009

Nick, Again

I see Nick all of the time. We chat about whatever's going on in our lives.

Yesterday he looked like it was having a bit of a rough time. This was just my obesrvation; Nick doesn't complain. He explained that he was just coming out of a bit of pneumonia and had a new appreciation for the importance of breathing. He had taken for granted the ability to and importance of breathing all of the way in and all of the way out. He observed, in a somewhat clinical fashion, that it's possible to feel little explosions inside your lungs when things aren't working the way they should. He paused to cough lightly from time to time throughout our conversation.



I'd been feeling bad about some things I thought were problems in my life: Car trouble, not as much money as I wish, missing my partner. Nick sort of helped me adjust my perspective on how much I have to be grateful for. Again.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous El said...

Well, look who dropped by. ;^)

God puts people like Nick in our path, when we start to feel sorry for ourselves. And, He makes sure there's always a Nick around. All He asks is that we open our eyes and use them the way He intended. To see. Really see.

May God bless you, Mark Lee, more than He has. And, may He bless Nick, too, just for being Nick.

April 6, 2009 at 12:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE when that happens. I will be having teh worst day ( inside my head) about what my body won't do anymore and EVERYTIME I tend to be feeling down, I will see this little lady that is literally at a 90 degree angle (hump type thing) and walking her dog and I think " Spaz, you'd better get it right!"

thanks for another example I can draw from when I feel down.

April 6, 2009 at 4:09 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

I think that El said it best. Thanks for sharing. It put things in perspective for me too. My problems pale in comparison.

April 16, 2009 at 1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home