Friday, October 03, 2008

Randy and the Rainbow

I was driving down the highway in the rare early fall rain and saw the flashers of the car in the highway. I wondered what was going on for a moment. Then I saw the tractor in the water. A man was in trouble and the car was Randy's. Randy had gone into the cold, murky agricultural ditch water to help. He was up to his waist.



An ambulance came. A wrecker. Friends and neighbors. The whole world. We're a tiny community and one person's big problem results in lots of helping hands.

And I had a real treat as I drove home, wet, and the sun gave us one last "look what I can do."

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Its so wonderful to know that there are still people out there willing to help others and even go into murky ditch water to help. And I LOVE that rainbow picture. You are so lucky to live in such a beautiful place. I find it so inspiring when I travel up there.

October 3, 2008 at 5:00 PM  
Blogger Mark Lee said...

We love having you and yours up here, Jen. :-)

October 3, 2008 at 6:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

gorgeous picture!

October 3, 2008 at 7:58 PM  
Blogger Anelisa said...

Only in Rich County! Hahaha I love the rainbow picture. I never get tired of seeing rainbows along the Crawford Mountains!

October 7, 2008 at 1:41 PM  
Blogger Mark Lee said...

Nor do I, Anelisa. This is my favorite time of the year in Rich County (all of Sept through about the middle of October, or whenever all heck breaks loose).

October 8, 2008 at 9:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've sure missed seeing your mug around that 'other place'. So, I've bookmarked this address and will have to get my fill here, I s'pose. Great pictures, great blog, and great seeing you again. And I can't leave without telling you, again, I love you Mark. Keep in touch. I'll do my best to.

- Van

October 11, 2008 at 6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home