Wednesday, August 27, 2008

People in a Can

Flying puts people from widely divergent backgrounds in close proximity. We share the same air and rub up against each other. It's artificial and potentially precious. The two men asleep in the top left photo didn't even know each other prior to this flight and had a lively, friendly discussion about their completely different political views before passing out. The woman to my right and I shared a nod over our common love of fresh fruit inflight. And so on.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

What fun adventure are you headed to?!

August 27, 2008 at 4:11 PM  
Blogger Mark Lee said...

Hi Jen. As it turns out I was actually coming back from NYC when I took these shots. It's a frequently-made trip for me. I've done it five times so far this year alone.

August 27, 2008 at 4:55 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

5 times! Wow! Lucky you! Steph's over there right? Are you flying Jetblue? (I used to work there- so I'd fly the red eye to NY a lot too.)

August 27, 2008 at 8:46 PM  
Blogger Mark Lee said...

That's right, Jen. Steph lives in NYC. Good eye on the plane. I principally fly JetBlue with Delta coming in second. I'm looking forward to hearing some of your flight stories! :-)

August 28, 2008 at 11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home