Friday, August 08, 2008

The Magic Is Strong Down There, Close To The Ground

We had a little parade yesterday, a dinky thing by anyone's standards. But the city folks who showed up had a great time. They're the same people every year, many of them urban or suburban families who own property in our little vacation spot. And their kids absolutely loved the tossed candy. When you're little and people are throwing sugary things at you, all is well.

Many parades have ceased throwing candy for liability reasons; tampered treats, people falling down or getting run over by parade vehicles, etc. ad nauseaum. I hope we can keep doing what we do for many years.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Just SO said...

I remember the candy throwing and how much I loved it when I was little. I agree. I hope that you guys keep doing it for years to come.

Raspberries....yum!

August 9, 2008 at 9:22 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Oh that little boy must have been in heaven! Ahhh the good old days of being little like that- just having to worry about getting candy!!

August 10, 2008 at 11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home